Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wet Weekend

Thanksgiving break was very wet. Did not get to do much until Sunday afternoon.

Saturday, I did make some racks for the kayaks. The front rack is a little wide, but it makes sliding the kayak toward the back a lot easier. Once I pick Sally's kayak up from White Sands, I will either add the second rack on top, or I may see if it will fit on the same rack.


In the past few weeks, my shop had turned into train wreck.


This is the top of the laundry room shelf we had in our apartment. We did not really need it in our house. It has been taking up room in the shop since it got there.


So, I decided to cut it in half.


Now, I have two semi-decent wall shelves.


All afternoon, Old Man Winter was announcing his arrival.


French food and wine are good - French cleats are great.


This is my shop buddy. I haven't confirmed this 100%, but I've got a feeling he only really comes around when I put out a can of sardines.


My Dad had picked up a Stanley/Bailey #6 some time back. Since it looks like flattening my #7 jointer is going to take more than a couple of hours, he loaned his #6 to me. It feels good. It makes some nice curls.


I got my shop somewhat organized. While it looks really out-of-sorts here, there are actually aisles of racks. I'm not sure how long this arrangement will last.


I've got plenty of room around the bench now.

No comments: